Re: [Harp-L] Scales

Bryan wrote:
I'm starting to realize that much of my weakness and lack of speed on harmonica revolves around my lack of knokledge about scales and what notes I can use in a 12 bar on diatonic. I'm missing some necessary notes.

What are the basic scales for playing blues in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd position, tabbed out for my ease of learning.

I'm not sure which scales that you mean, but here are the major and minor pentatonic scales with the flat 5 added to the minor pentatonic for a blues scale (12 positions). http://members.cox.net/dmurray777/pentpos.shtml

A little different way of looking at it, this also shows the I-IV-V chords (click the position for the details). http://members.cox.net/dmurray777/ChordNotes1.shtml

Peace and music,
Dave