[Harp-L] Re: mic elements

Hi, if anyone has earlier model 99C, 99X, 99W elements, low impedence, from
14 - 17 ohms, I would be interested in buying them. To most they are useless,
and even to me, it is a crapshoot when I boost them to hi z, mostly they are
too  sharp, but I do find one out of 5 to be superb. I will not give out any
info on  what transformers I use. They must be made in USA, contact me off list
please.  BTW, 99E elements are dead in the water at 200 ohms. They do make a
$50  transformer kit, but the element still sounds like crap. I am sure if
many of  you ebay hawkers have bought CR or CM's, you got one at some point,
seeing as  now everyone knows where to find elements. Still a crapshoot, no matter
if you  get a "working" CR or CM. My friend Chuck Gurner is the only
reputable person I  know who can boost the elements signal, or bring them back from
the dead, if  possible, as if the tiny wires inside are damaged, no chance. His
email again  is: _cgurney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:cgurney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
I have been working with Chuck for well over a year, very fair, if you look
at _www.greenbullets.com_ (http://www.greenbullets.com)   website,  and see
one of these elements completely apart, you will appreciate his work  even more.
I only sell my custom turner small shelled mic shells loaded with the
hottest possible elements to my amp customers, as they cost me $250 to build, I
sell them for $275 now. I whopping $25 markup for hours of time. But, they are
the best, no 99A, 99S, 99B elements, all tested out of shell first before
install. Many 99H or 99G CR or CM's just do not have the full output and tone,
and if Chuck can't help them, they get tossed. My reputation is too valuable to
me to put them on ebay. They would work well in a hopped up amp, so if I do
start to sell them, I would explain that.