Re: [Harp-L] Soaking harps

On Jul 18, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Richard Hunter wrote:

This is why Robert Bonfiglio warms his harps with a small electric blanket or heating pad before he performs. You want the reeds to be as warm as your breath to prevent condensation.

If you perform with a tube amp, laying the harps on top of the amp will probably do the job.

Thanks, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter

When I came north to perform at either Virginia, Garden State, Buckeye fests it was always early spring or late fall. It was always cold and I ALWAYS had harp trouble (especially the chromos). They always had to be warmed. When I lived in Pgh, same thing during 5 months of the year.
At spah 2002 (Columbus) no problem because it was August.
Retired in Fla, I keep them in the garage. It is over 90 in there most of the year and no problem.
Harps seem to like heat. (Maybe they're Italian)

smo-joe (giggle)