Re: [Harp-L] Soaking harps

Joe Leone wrote:
Another theory of mine is that since the reed plates have a much
larger mass than the reeds, cold ANYTHING will cause the modulus of
contraction to differ between THEM and the much much smaller mass
reeds. This also may close up the tolerance(s).

Well, I started this with my question, and with full faith that youse all would come up with the goods and you haven't failed. I thank everybody. I've learned alot.

I'm totally intrigued by Joe's reply. I have a harp whose responsiveness leaves alot to be desired, and which I unfortunately need to use. I'm going to stick it in the fridge tonight and see how it performs in the morning.

I will report back.

Hopefully my wife will not be annoyed. She already thinks I'm peculiar.