[Harp-L] Danny Boy

Another example 'Londonderry Aire' (aka Danny Boy). It was a long  time
practice in the country western field to use FOUR harps for this  tune. One
for the head, one for the bridge, modulate up a semi one  and a third for
the head and the fourth for the finale. I have always  used just TWO harps
for this tune even with a key change, BUT someone  doing it the 'old' way
would need 4 harps.

Er...works for me on just one Paddy Richtered G harp...What key-change?
Sounds like it could be a truck driver's key change to me.   ;-)

Steve-

I agree. One Paddy Ritchter will do it, or even a Hohnner #364 or 365, or even a standard diatonic with a whole note bend on 3d for the low "la" in the scale.
"Danny Boy" was originally a harp tune from around 1600, it seems, but that was the Irish harp.

-Glenn Weiser