RE: [Harp-L] re: so you want to be a harp player

You can go a long way playing harp without buying 12 different harps and a chromo. I use 3 harps for 99% of my live band work, an A, C, and D. We do a couple songs where I need an F and once in awhile a G. That's four sets with the harp in 90% of the songs. I do some one finger organ work when it comes time to play the surf stuff, and when the band does the Drifters, I just sit out a song or two.

Play with Neanderthals. It's cheaper. Play for drunks. They don't care.

Rainbow Jimmy

You can get by nicely in traditional Irish music with just a low D, a G and an A. A C harp could be handy if the singer wants to do Whisky In The Jar in the traditional key. Just pay someone like me a couple of quid to Paddy Richter 'em for you and you're away. The chrom can wait! :-)

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

I was joking about getting me to Paddy the harps, BTW...