Re: [Harp-L] Warren Bee's solo show and a question

In addition to performing solo on the street, in the mid-1970s I used
to do a solo harmonica/vocals show (playing mostly blues and old-timey
stuff) during intermissions at a hipster movie theater that showed
double and triple bills (the so-called repertory movie houses that
flourished before videotape or DVDs) and encouraged musical acts to
play for tips between movies. At the end of the evening I'd go out in
the lobby and play by the tip jar, trying to rhythmically intersperse
comments, and encouraging listeners to write any critiques on the back
of a $20 bill.

On one occasion I brought a keyboardist and cellist and we played
baroque trio sonatas when we weren't having interplanetary beauty
contests (we were opening for the Rocky Horror Picture Show, oddly
enough).

Winslow