Re: [Harp-L] Incorporating a band

You may not need a corporation. You may be able to register the band as
a business name with the local business authorities (city, county,
parish), set up a bank account in the business name, and assign
appropriate authority for signatures, etc., along with some sort of
partnership agreement. There are probably self-help books on how to do
this, what to avoid, laws and procedures in your state, etc.

Winslow