Re: [Harp-L] Ronnie Shellist (WAS not bad youtube video)

I for one, love Ronnie's and Adam Gussow's instructional videos.  I also like the guy who tests all the amps.  I think Ronnie and Adam are doing a great service to the instrument.  Newer players:  go to youtube to learn. . .

I only have about 3-5000 views on my videos.... (sigh).... better keep practicing...

Dan G.

George Brooks <gbrooksvt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Iceman asks:

 >Ronnie Shellist - anyone heard of him?

Sure.  He was at SPAH in Dallas/Fort Worth and turned a lot of heads
there.  Surprised you missed him.  He and Guyger were trading choruses
in an impromptu afternoon hallway jam (with, IIRC, bass and guitar
back-up) and having a blast while they were going at it.  It was one of
the high points of SPAH for me that year.  He also has a series of
lessons on YouTube.  The one that your post has a link to has gotten
over 300,000 hits, and this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs_OchfmBc8&mode=related&search=

is over the one-third of one million mark, so I would say that a *lot*
of people have heard of him.

George