Re: [Harp-L] Re: Chromatic player

Just aising the Draw 5 is called Country tuning. Hohner sells this
tuning in a few modesl; Marine Band and Special 20, I think.

You can indeed bend the note back down; it has its own bluesy flavor
when you do this. You can also play *complete* I, IV and V chords in
second position. But you do miss out on the sound of the un-raised draw
5 in things like the Draw 4/5 shake, and the 2/5 draw split interval. -
Gain something, lose something else.

I tend to use country tuning for fiddle tunes more than for blues.

Winslow