Re: [Harp-L] neil young

"Long May You Run"... is in d.  If you get a d diatonic and put the
song on, it'll come to you as the whole intro is benign noodling in d
with his characteristic bending every now and again of the root of the
"supertonic"??? (You know, that sincere, folkish e which also allows
the sincere folk artist to get his breath???).
As for "Helpless", the CSNY version is in d and has no harp but is
again, very diatonic friendly.
The only other version I know of is on the Last Waltz and I !!think!!
it's in c and may actually feature a harp, but the same friendliness
applies.
If I seem to dismiss being exact, it's only because Mr. Young... as
Mr. Dylan... and yes, Mr. Trainham... would probably never play the
notes exactly the same in songs such as those, those said songs being
more mood-dependent than technique-driven.
Aren't you glad I don't favor every good question with such a jive
answer?
Brad Trainham