Re: [Harp-L] Super Reverb Owners - Let Me Hear Ya

I love my '68.  Early BF mod.

I've had it since '72.  Changed some tone caps and HV electrolytics about 6
years ago and put a three-wire cord in it.  Regular swapping of pre-amp
tubes - just becuz.  Every now and then a pair of 6L6's - again, just becuz.

Everything else original.  It hasn't been babied, that's for sure.  Not bad
condx but it has it's share of road rash.

It's not for sale.  Ever.  It's in my will.  Really!

I use the clean channel for harp with either of two harp mics. An early
'60's 520 Controlled Magnetic 99B86 Green Bullet, or a Mid-'60s JT-30 with a
similar cartridge as the GB.

I plug my vintage Strat with single coils into the Vib channel.  In my
world, nothing sounds better than a vintage Strat into a vintage Super
(BF'ed).  Real honest-to-GoD reverb!

That amp kicks arse on guitar as well as harp.

I can't play both at the same time =8^D

I have flirted with other Fenders over the years.  A '63 Vibroverb and a '59
Bassman, but I always come back to the Super.  Never needed the power of a
Twin.  A SM-58 pointed at one of the original AlNiCos into the PA usually
does it.

PEACE
Scott
Believe in Magic!