Re: [Harp-L] SPAH the money maker

Sponsorship should be ANY amount. That's the way the colleges do it. One year, at a dixieland music fest, a harmonica company showed up as a sponsor. This was the first time that the harmonica was introduced at a dixieland fest. It was a 'special' event. They provided a banner with their name on it and gave out 5 gold CX-12s to the top 5 'finalists?... sic'. Soooo, at about $250.oo (net) worth of harmonicas, this was the extent. There were 4484 in attendance, so I'm sure that at least several hundred people were 'exposed' to the harmonica.

Especially since I was the only harmonica player out of the 23 who sat in with the bands (2). The bar was packed on both occasions, So, the harmonica company got a good deal here. Meanwhile, I was paying to BE there.

The rest of the festival went like this: The members of the Sun Coast Jazz Society (whom are a little more well off) will DONATE. This money goes into a fund. The fund can go to the entire fest's general fund, OR a fund for a particular band, OR a fund for a particular musician. As I wrote the other day, I don't think it would work with harmonica players because we are 'instrument specific' and are too small a group.

BUT, people can donate anyway. Since it costs me between $726.54, $1,089.81, or $1,634.71 depending on how I go, who I take, who I share a room with, this is the amount of support I can muster.

smokey-joe