[Harp-L] Plagiarism

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 19:48:41 +0300
From: "Haka Harri" <harri.haka@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Plagiarism
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Just out of curiosity, if I were to play "Juke", note for note, on a live gig, what amount of money would I legally have to send to Little Walter's sister? What about if I played a solo note for note (12 bars) imbedded into my own song? It was already clarified that riffs (4 bars) are ok without royalty issues.

Harri

The rights to Juke are held by the Goodman Group, who have the publishing rights to the Chess stuff and not Little Walter's sister.
I have no idea what the fees involved would be, or were when my publisher worked out these matters with Goodman (I transcribed Juke for Masters of Blues Harp).

-Glenn