Re: [Harp-L] Jean de Florette and stelaing gifts

First, a little harmonica content, as Bob mentions Jean de Florette and
Manon of the Spring. Great theme music, taken *with credit* from
Verdi's la Forza del Destino and played on harmonica by Toots
Thielemans, who also plays a folk theme that is played onscreen by
Manon (the deceased Jean de Florette's daughter, played by the
beautiful Emmanuelle Béart) as she dances around nude after bathing in
a mountain spring, thinking she is alone (but she is observed by the
nephew of - but you can watch the movie if you want to get the whole
soap opera).

Anyway, I hardly think Little Water and SBWII qualify as the sort of
robber barons that Robin Hood was up against (at least in legend) or
the sort of selfish landowners who deprive others wrongly of water. And
there are effective legal remedies to the wrongs you describe.
Countering crime with crime is seldom a successful strategy.

Winslow

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC