[Harp-L] SPAH 07

Good Morning Harp-L's

Things are coming together this year for the convention.  I'm planning seminars and times now and the variety this year is over the top.

Joes team with the "Filisko Teach In" will have the likes of PT Gazell, Winslow Yerxa, Michael Peloquin,Dennis Gruenling, George Brooks, Grant Dermody, Allen Holmes, Jellyroll Johnson, Michael Rubin, Cara Cooke, Lonnie Joe Howell, Dennis Oellig, Jimmy Gordon and Buzz Krantz.  That line up covers alot of ground in any direction you may want to go in.

Jimi Lee will be holding down the afternoon blues jams that he's become famous for the last 3 years.

Warren Bee will be hosting Blues For Breakfast both Thursday and Friday for the early birds. 9:30-11:00 Am

Chromatic Jazz players will have Slideman Slim, Ron Kalina, Tom Styrker, Randy Singer, Andy Wilson, Phil Caltabellato and Charles Sprankin to learn from with jazz jams on Thursday and Friday nights. In addition Phil will have his CD player in the hallways for afternoon Jamie Abersold sessions.

Two new events this year,  Tom Baeher doing a classical ensemble and Elmer Mattilla, will do a pop song ensemble.  Both  will be well received.

Brendan Power will be explaining the new Suzuki  diatonic and chromatic products and repairs.

Richard Hunter and Randy Singer will go into using electronic effects.

The Health and Harmonica committee will update us on what they've done this year.

Stan Harper will be doing an afternoon concert.

Jerry Adler will speak on his 60+ years of harp playing.

Winslow is working on a workshop bringing the two harmonica worlds together with a stellar line up.

Phil Duncan will cover Country tuned harps and playing melodic tunes in a jazz tradition.

Dennis Oellig and Scott Barbarian will cover harp amps, mic's and techniques.

James Conway is bringing in 3 great Chicago Celtic players for his show on Wed.  I'll bet a Celtic session starts later that night with Brendan, Grant Dermody and Winslow in attendance.

Last years hallway bluegrass jam with Cara Cooke and Lonnie Joe during the late bluesjam is on tap as well.

Bass Harp and Chord Harp will be covered.  I'm looking for someone to do "A Train Seminar" that will allow all attendees to show us your best train.  Any takers?

This is a line up of folks that love to be at the convention.  That pour their heart and soul into 5 days of visiting with old friends, meeting new ones and always leaning and sharing.

We are starting to fill the hotel up, so make those reservations as soon as possible.  After the last week in July the rate will not be $89.00.

I'm really excited about the talent and seminars this year. We have the best in house to listen to, learn and be part of a great organization.

Thanks for listening.

Paul Davies

P.S. if I forgot to mention a seminar please let me know.  I may need a reminder!!!!!