[Harp-L] Re: Subject: Re: Plagiarism (plagarism)

Again, Glenn...thank you for taking the time to break down my post to
explain what I needed to know.  12 bars does seem a rather extensive  "phrase".  I
hadn't realized it meant a full chorus.  In a song  with lyrics..it would
clearly identify the song, so I understand a lot more  than I did before.  Other of
your points taken as well.

 I can't argue at all with your conclusions, since my most pertinent
point...likening the notes to words and the realization that if you'd been  to a
poetry reading no one would argue with your finding of plagiarism under the  same
circumstances, is how I might tend to look at this issue in the end  run.

There's a lot to be said, as well...for your taking the moral  stance,
popular or not.

I very much appreciate the clarification.

Regards,
Elizabeth

"Liz-

Replies below