[Harp-L] Pop tunes on harp

I guess it's not surprising that my (mainly non-blues) repertoire overlaps with Rob and Tim's. Rob mentions "O Grande Amor," a bossa nova by Antonio Carlos Jobim that is mysteriously little known and little played. I think it's one of the greatest things he ever wrote, and Stan Getz's solo on the version of the song on the Getz/Gilberto album (with Joao Gilberto singing in Portuguese and Jobim on piano) changed the way I think about what a horn can sound like and the direction I wanted my playing to go. It's a towering landmark in my personal musical landscape.

In my Latin acoustic band, now defunct, we played many of the bossa novas, including:

Chega de Saudade (the definitive version is on Dizzy On The French Riviera; if you hear it I do not think that you will disagree)
Favela (Stan Getz w/Jobim and Luiz Bonfa!)
Desafinado
Corcovado
The Girl From Ipanema
One Note Samba
Wave
Meditation
Insensitive

and more. We also did five or six Beatles songs, but in Latin acoustic versions. And, of course, The Christmas Song and the Wedding March.

George