Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:23:06 -0800 (PST)
From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Changing the Way You Hold the Harp
To: Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Dennis Gruenling uses the "water scooping" cup. As far as I know he
uses it for both acoustic and electric playing.

Winslow

--- Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rick In Davis <rickindavis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> (Getting old is a drag.)

true, but it beats the alternative.

> Have any of you ever changed your basic grip on the harp
> after playing for several years?

i changed from the grip you describe to the one where you cup your
hands like you're getting a drink of water, with the harp held
between
your thumbs.  i love playing this way acoustically, but cannot get an
airtight cup when holding a mic.  so with a mic i play the old way,
though i can never quite find a grip where my fingers get in the way
to some degree.  life is full of compromises.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.