Re: Re: [Harp-L] re: pop tunes on harp

Robert Paparozzi wrote:
>   COOL list!!!!!!!! nice variety too~~~!
> my gig tonite was these songs all instrumental at my Trio gig on
> Chromatic & a bit a' Diatonic:

Thanks, Rob!  We are fortunate to have a wonderful vocalist in our
drummer, Damon Brown, who incidentally is the director and producer
of a wonderful children's show about music called "The Biscuit
Brothers" (shamelss plug for Damon -- call your local PBS station
about carrying it!).  We get to do quite a few of these tunes with
lyrics: The Lady Is A Tramp, Misty, All Of Me, Summertime, Bye Bye
Blackbird, Fly Me To The Moon, and Route 66.  No matter how great my
solos are, the songs that get applause are the upbeat songs with
vocals.  The most fun ones are when I get to lay out for a verse and
then come in after the lyric with a solo, then do fills on the next
verse before the ending.  Builds nicely.

-tim