Re: [Harp-L] Changing the Way You Hold the Harp

I changed my grip just about 3 years ago, after playing for 14 years.
  I was at spah in dallas 2003 and was blown away by Phil Wiggins sound and realized that he was doing a lot of muting to get a good resonance. Phil - who is a GREAT harp player, as well as a nice guy - showed me how he holds the harp, making a sealed cup with some resonating space by actually keeping the right hand sealed to the CHEEK. kinda hard to describe, but the point is -  it is hard to change old, basic habits, but I think this really helped me develope a nice acoustic sound, with a lot of variations in tone. Worth the effort
  Hammer

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time