[Harp-L] butterfield "Live at Winterland '73" import

--"I Broke My Baby's Heart" especially has some ncredible singing by, I
think ,Geoff Maldeur.

Actually, that tune is sung--with ferocious soul--by the great New Orleans
keyboard player Ronnie Baron, who also wailed magnificently on "Lousiana
Flood,"  another Better Days song not included on this live set.  The album on the
whole is aces...especially if you dig that flowing and muscular period of
Butterfield's playing, as opposed to the wilder, earlier Bloomfield-era  stuff.
Needless to say, pretty much any live Butterfield is worth checking  out, even
the poorly-recorded "Strawberry Jam" set.  Someone gave me a  great double-CD
live set of 1966-era material with Bishop and Bloomfield called  "Droppin'
In," on the Colosseum label, but due to its packaging I think it might  be a
bootleg...wonder if anyone else has come across this one?

Peace and  Respect
Johnny T

PS I also have fond memories of watching Better Days on, of all things, The
Merv Griffin Show.  They did "Louisiana Flood" and another tune,  Butterfield
practically split the roof of the studio with his playing, and  afterwards, a
puzzled Merv held the mike up to Paul and said: "What do you call  this kind
of music, Paul?"  Butterfield smiled--not unkindly--and said:  "Well, Merv, we
call it blues..."