To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] bass harp question

Michael Rubin wrote:
Unlike most harps with blow/draw capacity, bass is all blow. I have been working at it for 3 months and often run out of air. Sometimes I try blowing softer, sometimes I open my mouth off the harp before every note. Any suggestions? Also, would anyone be willing to be my bass harp teacher, preferably by webcam, but at least by phone?

Obviously, this is no substitute for a teacher (even a remote one), but have you looked at Danny Wilson's Bass Harp resources?

http://www.bassharp.com/bh_101.htm
http://www.bassharp.com/bb-bb.htm

-tim