[Harp-L] re: not so standard harmonica songs

Hey list,
This is a thread I identify with. My band does a lot of originals, all of
which I've had to come up with harp parts for; and we do a fair amount of covers
 (tough to do ALL originals in most clubs!.) I try to work some kinda harp
in most songs. Here's a few of the songs we cover that don't originally  have
harp:

Jessica (Allman Brother's -fake organ & solo-this song has a great  structure
for dynamics & to solo over.)
Peace, Love & Understanding (Elvis Costello -I fake the organ part  & solo)
Brian Wilson (BNL - I play rhythm acoustic stuff)
Send Me On My Way (Rusted Root - acoustic - I play the flute parts!)
Broken Hearted Saviour ( Big Head Todd-organ & solo)
Babylon (David Gray -acoustic rhythm harp & solo)
Impression That I get (Mighty, Mighty Bosstones - horn part)
Sample In A Jar (Phish- organ & solo)
Brightest Star & Why Can't I Forget about You  (Subdudes -fake  accordian,
solo)
Lie In Our Graves (DMB - fills & solo. very cool structure to solo  over)
In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel - fills & solo with big delay)
Rainy Day (Jayhawks - acoustic fills & solo)

There's a lot  more I'm forgetting.
I enjoy finding ways to make the harp more versatile sounding to compliment
a wide variety of tunes.

Later,
Rosco

_buy CDs, sample music:CD Baby: maybe  august_
(http://cdbaby.com/cd/maybeaugust)
_www.myspace.com/maybeaugust_ (http://www.myspace.com/maybeaugust)
_may.be  au.gust_ (http://www.maybeaugust.com/)