[Harp-L] Harmonica Workshop

Hi Fellow Harmonicists,

It's time once again for me to plug my KlezKanada harmonica workshop. Over the past six years I've been giving a harmonica workshop at KlezKanada, a week-long intensive program of Eastern-European Jewish music and Yiddish culture. It's a great time, tonnes of jamming, concerts, lectures, ensembles with approximately 450 participants. The program happens at the end of August, but spots fill up quickly so it's best to contact the directors soon.

My class is designed for intermediate/advanced diatonic harmonica players who are interested in exploring "positions" other than crossharp. We cover basic klezmer/middle-eastern modes in several different keys on one diatonic and apply knowledge of these modes to learning basic klezmer melodies. For the more advanced players I get into playing chromatically on the diatonic overblowing/overdrawing etc. - Getting into knowing the notes on the harmonica as opposed to playing in "positions."

If you would like more information about the camp check out http:// www.klezkanada.com

Best wishes,

Jason Rosenblatt