[Harp-L] Re: IBC

I'll be there.
Krypton City Blues Revue

I wouldn't mind checking out Ryan's band. I saw him play at Wade Schuman's NY Reedster's
party a few years back. I'm glad I'm not a front man that has to go up against him:-)

We're headed to Clarksdale first. 1001 miles by van. Will be there Wed. to jam at Red's and hang with Big Jack Johnson.
Probably be back there Saturday if we don't make the final cut. Either way the trip is an adventure and learning experience
for any blues player.

Bill Hines is going to do a report on the event.
It might be good for those of us competing to do a follow up report to help future harp contenders.
I knew some damn good East Coast players that competed last year but didn't make the final cut.
But like the guidelines state: We are competing with the judges not other bands. It can come down to
a mix of moods they are in, their general taste, how many bands that sound alike they heard that night
and how much politics goes into the voting.

Either way, I wish all of us competing a great outcome. Hope we can hookup some point along the way.
I'll be wearing my black cap with white KCBR logo on the front and "fathead" in red script on the back.

mike