[Harp-L] RE: Walter Horton Southern Comfort/ An Offer you can't refuse

Hey, fjm,
I used to own that Southern Comfort on LP, if it's the same one I'm thinking of. If memory serves, it was absolutely awful, one of the worst pairings of a rock musician/musicians with veteran blues guys. Slapped together in an afternoon, and recorded with massive amounts of echo, sounded real gimmicky. Too bad.
I agree, with you or another harp-ler that Red Lightnin' "An Offer You can't Refuse" is just terrific, at least the Horton/Nighthawk stuff, wish they'd fixed the speed when it was put out on CD. I wonder if you could use something like Audacity to get the pitch right, everything is off as much as a half-step, I think.