Re: [Harp-L] Need a little advice

In a message dated 1/25/2007 11:50:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The same  mic may not sound great on both vocals and harp. If your budget
allows,  you may wish to consider different mics for these purposes
        Thanx Richard and everybody else  who replied to my questions. I was
really wondering about the ribbon mic and  about the different patterns that
are out there. I've been looking at Ebay mics  for about a month now trying to
catch a deal too good to miss. The 20 20 can be  had for 75 bucks brand new
with free shipping, I think I'll go that way since  you and others have
recommended it. MXL's V 67's look pretty good on paper and  one company puts out a
deal for a Cad MXL 1000, shock mount and boom stand for  89 bucks. Shipping is
14.99. I'm on an extreme budget right now and would like  to get the mic for
around 100 150 tops. I have a plan to get a small loan from a  supporter and if
that happens I'll get the MXL tube mic that's available I think  or maybe take
a chance on something used. I do know that these large diaphragm  studio mics
are really what I need having used them in studio recordings for  other
peoples originals. These were always the expensive high end models that  the pro
guys use in their studio so I'm trying to figure which one of the cheap  ones is
best. The list I added to my post was pretty much an attempt to get a  laugh
but I, like everybody else, drool over equipment that I don't have. I  got a
Yamaha DD 9 playable drum machine for 20 bucks on Ebay that got  here yesterday.
It's gonna help me put in accents and keep the drum parts from  sounding so
plastic that I can't be satisfied enough to show my songs to  anybody. I've
recorded harp parts to make other people's stuff sound cool,  now it's my turn. I
have a Roland VS 840 GX that my brother gave me (I love  that dude) does
anybody have any experience using the mic simulations  on a Roland recorder? I
think maybe you have to have a Roland mic but I'm not  sure about that. Any and
all help will be appreciated.
        Peace Love and perfect timing to  all
                Randy