Re: [Harp-L] Re: Little Wing on harmonica/American Idol

In a message dated 1/24/2007 11:58:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Showed  him
blowing out by some pier and then in his audition he sang so bad  they
asked him to sing another song and he pulls out the harp and  massacres
it all over the high end. Simon complains "it was very squeaky"  and
Randy says "well it's a harmonica dude".

Sigh. Two steps  forward, one step back....

That just goes to show how  enamored people are with the harp. Probably the
producers of Idol like harp  playing and gave this dude some air time. The fact
that harp playing is shown on  the show at all is pretty cool. They don't do
that with the guitar. When  they put out the show "American Idol (Old men
trying to regain their youth)" I'm  so there.        Haaaaaaa somebody stop  me.
          Randy