Re: [Harp-L] another harpish little wing

In a message dated 1/24/2007 11:53:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

WOW!  Everybody's commenting on the version with Mickey Raphael but this
one to  me is *far* better as a song on the whole. Putting the harp aside
for a  second, the piano and guitar solos here were just right on and
moved me.  Popper's playing is great and fits as well. You can tell it's
Popper easily  enough, lots of his signature riffs here, but I think he
does a great job.  Loved Mickey's playing on the other one too, such
tasty octaves. But to me  this version musically by the this group is far
better. Long live Warren  Haynes! I'm saving this one, it's inspiring.

Bill Hines
Hershey,  PA

         I don't know about  Popper's playin' I didn't hear that, but
anything Warren Haynes does absolutely  rocks!! A friend in NYC gave me a CD recorded
somewhere small of his stuff he  labeled Warren and friends. Awesome, I don't
know who all is on it but each song  you can hear Warren play in the
different styles of his influences distinctly.  Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page......the list
goes on, but when he plays his own style it  just shreds. I'd like to be able to
pull that off on the harp. Most of the time  when I'm playing out I'm just
playin' all the licks I stole from the people who  influenced me without trying
to sound like them 'cause I don't think of doing  it. But I'm of the opinion
that the best playing comes without thinking about  what your doing really,
just lay back and groove. I guess you can do both like  Warren does.
        Peace out
            Randy