RE: [Harp-L] Re: Little Wing on harmonica/American Idol

"I felt embarassed as a harmonica player to listen to him blow through
his aresenal of licks"

My wife called me in because someone was playing harmonica on American
Idol again. She was watching the tivo of it. Well Taylor Hicks could at
least play pretty well and got us some good exposure, just like LD on
that other show. But this kid tonight was some retarded freak that could
notn play at all, and they had to feature that of course. Showed him
blowing out by some pier and then in his audition he sang so bad they
asked him to sing another song and he pulls out the harp and massacres
it all over the high end. Simon complains "it was very squeaky" and
Randy says "well it's a harmonica dude".

Sigh. Two steps forward, one step back....

You can probably see it on their web site, for those who won't admit
watching the show :^)

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA