Re: [Harp-L] volume control

I use the volume control as an on/off switch, or if I get feedback in the middle of a song...

----- Original Message ----
From: "icemanle@xxxxxxx" <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:23:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] volume control

I believe the player should be a natural volume control knob. It's time to explore the world of harmonica tone that comes from less than "balls to the wall" energy. As a matter of fact, the whole pallette of colors will emerge when backing off. Eventually you may find that most of what you play can be done with much less force and much more finesse and give you much more tone shading.

Also, at least on the 1 mic I have w/volume control, it changes the tone. When I back the volume pod down just a hair, the tone loses some of its high end, a sound that I enjoy. Unfortunately, it's easy to accidentally move that control when playing, causing changes in the tone that are unpredictable.

The Iceman