[Harp-L] Re: volume, controls

If you cannot create enough air by yourself to be able to control the
slightest nuance to that big explosive chord, you need to practice more, get  more
material to help you become a better player. Nothing worse than a LOUD poor
harp player. In my beginning years as a harp amp designer, I used one of  the
best Sabine Feedback eliminators there was, 32 frequencies,  any  frequency that
was causing feedback red lighted, you would pull down the knob  just enough
to make the red light go away. Most mics fed back at different  frequencies,
but anywhere from 800 ohms to 1.6K could cause feedback. So after I  was done
pulling all my feedback out, I had a loud amp, but with ZERO tone. I  never
looked back at trying to get just volume and always balanced tone with  volume.
Learning how to set up the 410 to get as loud as you need without  feedback took
quite some time, but all the info is given to you as the customer.  The
Cruncher does not even need many changes, you can try a couple, but it just
screams on it's own with tone and volume in a smaller package. No substitution  for
practice.