Re: [Harp-L] HarpGear Double Trouble?

I got one from Brian for a fellow harp player here that plays Blues. It had an upgraded 12" speaker that Brian recommended for an additional $25. WE took it to a blues jam that the harp player leading the jam was playing through a Blues Jr. The Double Trouble blew away the Blues Jr. It wasn't even close. The tone was awesome and it cut through the rest of the band. I also have a blackfaced princeton reverb that sounds good but I would not dare try to modify it for harp due to how much they are worth these days. I also have a harp gear 2 that I love and use all the time. I mic it or line out to the PA when we play louder venues but for most small clubs it works great. I can definetly recommend the double trouble for a great harp amp.

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
www.texastide.com

Anybody play one?  Any comments on the amp?  I am
still waiting to pull the trigger on light-weight,
midsized amp.  It has to compete for onstage volume
with a full band.

My main am is a Bassman Ltd, but for some gigs, it is
too heavy or overkill.

I've also been looking at a Blues Jr., or old
Princeton Reverb/ SF Princeton.

Thanks!

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica

http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.niterail.com

"Capitalize on your own strengths; develop your own style.
The world needs another harp player doing Little Walter licks
as much as it needs another Elvis impersonator."
-Paul deLay