Re: [Harp-L] Blues in Nurnburg

Greg Heumann wrote:

> I'm going to be visiting Nurnburg, Germany between Feb 8 and Feb 22,
> to see my honey's home town and meet her family. Can anyone tell me
> if there are any good blues clubs and/or jams in the area?

I forwarded your mail to the german "harpchat" mail reflector, you'll get some
answers from there. In Nuremberg they have at least one club with a regular
jam session. If you can manage it: Munich is about 160 km down south, there
are some blues clubs. The smallest one: http://www.alfonsos.de
Another one is the Hideout club http://www.hideout-muenchen.de/ BUT they don't
have live music now, since they had some troubles with the other folks living
in that house, due to high volume blues-rock bands.
If you can make it to Munich, don't miss George Greene and Mel Canady in the
Alfonsos club. Also in Munich is Tony Ramos, a wellknown harp player from
L.A. and a very good customizer. http://www.ramos-harps.de/

see ya,
Ralf