[Harp-L] NAMM (was wireless guitar bug settings with harp)

Snap-On returns:  At NAMM this past weekend the AKG rep said they're reviving the "Snap-On" wireless unit, due to popular demand.  He said it should be out within a few weeks.  (I get my AKG WMS40 tomorrow, hopefully.)

Visiting NAMM Friday was a treat.  Thanks to Peter Madcat Ruth for his Hering hospitality and great music, also John Cephas, and to Jackie Huang and Bob "Bushman" Hall as well; all friendly and interesting folks.

Sorry I didn't see Seydel or Weltmeister at NAMM, but Hering, Bushmaster, Suzuki and Huang had a good presence, at least on Friday (Lee Oskar's display was sitting bare, unattended and in a corner when I finally found it, 'tho I was told Lee had just been there.)

Oh, and at the risk of sounding ungrateful: Hohner was handing out some plastic-comb harps that looked a bit like SP20s but were inked as "WINTER NAMM 2007... 150th Anniversary."   I was very please to get one (actually two) until I tried them - they were sorry-assed lame leaky little toys, I wouldn't even give one to my niece, unless I wanted to discourage her.

If Hohner is trying to scare away customers from their harp division this is the way to go.

Despite Hohner's deploringly lackluster support of harps and players, I'm stickin' with SP20s, for now.  But there are plenty other nice harps made by very good people out there.

-Dave Fertig