[Harp-L] Re: What IS a pro? (warning...long)

Hey, Joe,

you made a long palaver about the meaning of "Pro".
Just one remarking to your:

< Whereas the top graduate may rest on their laurels and  coast through
< life, in much the same way that I coasted through high school.
< Snip....Here's why I could never be a pro.>

To be named a "Pro" doesn´t always depend on the graduate you
got at the university or on the trained job to earn your livelihood.

For instance, think of a burglar the details of his "work" the police
considers a job to be done by a Pro.

OTOH, the job of a Pro mustn´t be better than that of an amateur.
That could also go for harp players, heeeehe! Only think about
Harpie who is a graduated harpiologist but has no idea that the
12 holes of a 48 chrom have nothing to do with the 12 keys, orrrrps.

Siegfried