[Harp-L] wireless guitar bug settings with harp

Because the AKG wireless guitar bug system is designed for guitar use, and Hi-Z harp mikes are hotter than guitar pickups, I turn the gain all the way down on the bug/transmitter.  Even with that, the red light on the receiver (indicating some overload) comes on almost constantly -- not that I've noticed any sonic problem with that.  The instructions say to turn the volume dial on the receiver all  the way clockwise (max) for Hi-Z operation, so that is what I've been doing.  So, that's minimum on the transmitter and maximum on the receiver.  Just wondering if that's how others are running with the guitar bug or if some other settings have proven useful (for example, does anyone turn the receiver volume down and the amp volume up based on sonic preference?  Or does anyone find that using a mike with volume control set to not "redlight" the receiver sounds better?).
  Let me repeat that I don't hear any problem, the system works great (except on New Year's Eve when it got soaked with beer!) -- I'm just curious about what settings others might be using with this system -- especially if it's based on "sound judgement."
  Thanks!
  --John K.