Fw: [Harp-L] Fred Yonnet`s kit

Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Fred Yonnet`s kit

Hi Alex,

Yes, that is it. Fred has been using the kit all these years and in his case
he uses the metal bodied Weltmeisters. The harp itself is too small to have
other stuff in it so there is a belt pack that is connected to the harp with
a special cable. On one end is the 3.5mm jack you mentioned and the other
has a mini-XLR connecting into the belt pack. From the belt pack to amp/PA
is then a guitar lead (1/4" jack connection). Instead of the guitar lead you
can substitute a plug-in wireless transmitter like the AKG GB40 guitar bug
or Samson airline. Instant wireless from the same system. The harmonicas can
still be played acoustically so you can still do the scout camp fire stuff
if you want..!! The system does give you a lot of choices now though because
on the one hand you can play clean or, you can overdrive and do Chicago or,
even beat the guitarists at their own game with effects pedals..!!

I have worked closely with AKG and we developed the Harmonix system together
using a special version derived from microtools. Have a look at the pics
I`ve attached.

Best
Richard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexander Savelyev" <Alexander.Savelyev@xxxxxxxx>
To: "richard smith" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 3:18 PM

hi Richard,

It's nice to hear from you personally. Can you tell me if Fred used
your kit in 2003? He showed me Weltmeister harmonica with the built in
mic - well I saw only 3.5 mm mic input. In addition to that Fred held
something in his arms. I'm still puzzled it was exactly ,and he played
wireless. Can you give more details on both options you mentioned in you
previous email?

1. Guitar cable connection and
2. Wireless.

are both for acoustic playing?

Alex

"richard smith" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 22.01.2007 16:11:15 >>>
Hi Guys,

Fred is using harps I have prepared for him. The instruments have mics
built
in and the rig can be either connected with a guitar cable or can be
wireless. It is a conversion I offer to virtually any make of harp.

Richard Smith (the English one)
www.harmonix-harmonica.co.uk