Re: [Harp-L] G.M. - skrews or nails

The screws are a plus all the way!! Just don't strip them out. They have a tendency to be a more airtight fastener and as you stated make maintenance much easier. Lenny M

Jóhannes Jónsson <johjons@xxxxxx> wrote:  Dear Harp-L-ers

I´ve been taking apart about ten Golden Melody harps where the reedplates were fastened with nails. By replacing damaged reeds and using the least damaged combs I hope to make 5 good harps or even more. I´ve already succeeded with one and I fastened it back together with skrews by widening the holes and using skrews from other G.M.s. I´d like to ask however, if there are any arguments for the nails. It´s less convenient of course when it comes to maintainance but does it have any assets I might not know of?
Best regards,
JJBecher