RE: [Harp-L] Re: Sugar Ray Norcia

From: SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Sugar Ray Norcia
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:08:02 EST

I got some interesting information from a 30 year pro who happened to see Rod
in Georgia, of course with his two Harpkings, so he looked in the back, and
Rod had a Tube Screamer bolted to the bottom of the amp. Bad enough you have
to play two of those monsters. I still love my Boss RV5, instead of wah wah
pedals, I have these things called bear paws for hands. That's as far as I will
go. It was an honor and a pleasure to be asked to play by Ray

Ray's a sweetheart of a man to boot....very down to earth and approachable...
besides being a very under-rated harp player...he's a Killer vocalist!

As far as the Tube Screamer in the back of Rod's amp goes...
He keeps an older Boss DD2 in there that he spray painted flat black...
gives him some slight verb/echo/slap...but as far as I know...thats it!

I sat in at a gig through his rig about a year ago...and all I can say is that
the sound and volume on stage, about 20 feet in front of the 2 amps...
was the Loudest I ever heard myself play with a full band...at 200 watts...
I should hope so! I honestly don't think he'd need a Tube Screamer overdrive
petal in there...not with all the mods that John Kinder does to those things...
but...what do I know? I know I want and need to be playing out more often...

I know I want a Sonny Jr I amp...
I know I want a Sonny Jr II amp...
I know I want the NEW Sonny Jr amp...

and I know my bank account right now just don't reflect my desires...

damn...

~Donnie~