[Harp-L] EL84s

Did any of the old 50s amps use EL 84s? Did any of the old amps run in
triode mode? I still say my hybrid EL 84 amp is the best harp amp I've had a
chance to play. I like the 2X12 cabinet as well. Just curious because I've
never heard of any harp players using anything like this.

As a side note, the mad scientist guitarist in the band is building what he
describes as a Vox Marshall Champ frankenstein amp. Marshall preamp,
something Champ, and EL 84 tubes with ancient 8 inch speakers taken from an
old 5& 10 store. When Sonny talks about how much time is involved in
designing an amp, never mind an amp that's economical to build--he's not
kidding.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com