Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonica & Guitar Duos, Past & Present

Another guitar/harp duo:
Harri wrote:
If we want to look at harp players and piano players as a duo one addition
would be Johnny Jones on piano and Billy Boy Arnold on harp. 1963, both on
vocals.
----
There has been a lot of discussion about Norton Buffalo not getting respect
he deserves, but there is another great player who played with Roy Rogers
and nobody seems to pay attention or maybe has never heard of: David Burgin.

--My addition to harp /guitar duos is Rogers and Burgin.
They cut one album as a duo:"A foot at the door" in mid 70's.
Burgin also made a wonderful album for Flying fish 1984:
"Wild Child". David is very versatile player who fuses blues with c/w
harp. Great chops and tone to die for. You can check out what Carlos del
Junco has to say about him on Richard Hunter's site.
Unfortunately David has retired from music business.
If anybody has any info whether he sneaks out to jam sometime/someplace, I
would be glad to know.
Jukka