[Harp-L] Jaine Rodack's Book - Pete Pedersen's Story as told to Jaine

I must agree wholeheartedly with Norman Ives' assessment of "Be Of Good Cheer".

I have begun reading it, but of course have also thumbed thru it, looking for particular stories and events.  From what I have seen briefly, and read so far, it is extremely interesting and eye-opening.  Some of the stories I am well familiar with, while others won't let me put the book down!

At about 460 pages and loaded with photos and stories covering nearly his whole life, it is subtitled "Memories of Harmonica Legend Pete Pedersen."

He mentions his having been associated with Alan & Roz Pogson in many stories, but especially since Alan was the originator of the Peg O' My Heart solo from the late 1930's, Pete reworked it a bit for the 'Cats, which would eventually be recorded in February 1947, released in early April, and it become the big hit of the year.  (The Three Suns, recognizing the unique sound and arrangement, subsequently recorded the virtually identical arrangement in April 25 1947, and they also sold many copies, but not nearly as many as the 'Cats!)
Ref: http://www.bassharp.com/bh_trio.htm

I would sadly mention here that we lost both Alan & Roz this past September - Alan died on his 91st birthday, and Roz preceded him in death the previous day!  A tragic loss to the harmonica world, to be sure.

Ref: http://www.bassharp.com/pogson.htm

Back to Pete's story - if you are a harmonica lover, and enjoy its history, be sure to check out the book at: http://www.petepedersen.com and order your copy.  And as Norm stated, if you are "across the pond", let him know as he will try to place a bulk order with the publisher.

Best regards to all
Danny