[Harp-L] Harmonica patents

Regarding the Google patent search, Jason said: "Would be nice if patents other than U.S. patents were searched".

  For worldwide patents, retrievable in .pdf format, and FREE of charge, try this:  http://ep.espacenet.com, click "Advanced Search"; where it says "Keyword(s) in title or abstract:" type in "harmonica" or whatever other keywords you are interested in and then click the button called "SEARCH".  You should see a message saying 355 results.  The numbers following the words "Publication info" tell you the country (a 2 letter code) and the puiblication number.  For example, see the tenth hit called "Harmonica horn" naming the inventor as BERSCHNEIDER ROLF.  Click on the words "Harmonica horn" and a screen called "Bibliographic data" will appear.  Click the tab called "Original document" It will show you one page at a time and print only one page at a time unless you do this:  click "Save full document" (in red near top of screen), and you will be prompted to type in a code, after which you will get a full .pdf file of the publication.

  It sounds cumbersome to do these steps but it is the only free patent database that has all the countries in one place and that lets you load documents in .pdf instead of some proprietary or annoying format.  I know, I use these databases for my work.

  Enjoy

  LC

Larry C

Need Mail bonding?