[Harp-L] Fw: Unable to deliver your message

  Red is well remembered in Belgium also, since he lived and worked in Brussels.
I never met him in person, but word about his death came 'round here immediately. Texan musician Bob Christopher notified the local scene here.
I recall that when playing the same club he used to gig at, all were talking about him as a good musician and fabulous showman.
Ludo

Michael Peloquin wrote:Hey List--

My good friend and sometimes employer Red Archibald passed away on Dec 25th.

You can read about him here:

http://www.sfgate. com/cgi-bin/ article.cgi? file=/c/a/ 2007/01/07/ MNARCHIBAL1. DTL

http://www.red- archibald. com/index. html

How can you not love a guy who writes a song called "If insanity runs in her

family,

why's she not crazy about me?"

I played sax on a tune on Red's 1st album with the great Ronnie Earl. I

taught Red to overblow. He got it in 5 minutes and ran with it. Strangely

enough he had an Eb Golden Melody car harp that he used to hone his

overblowing skills. Red was a good player and a kind giving person.