From: joseph ginther <flyinginthers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:29:56 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] (no subject)

in response to all this talk about being a pro or not....i just couldn't sit back anymore, first i am not what i would consider a pro even though i play for over 10 years,mostly putting my girlfriend to sleep, i think my ability level is better than my friend who plays in a band for money three days a week,  my opinion, for what it is worth, is that the rules of a contest are what matters, and if you are truely an entertainer some people might consider you a pro even though the mechanics of the old school blues playing is not there, i don't think that a life spent trying to copy some riffs from 1940's or whatever means that much, originality and heart are more important, as well as truely having fun being an entertainer for money or to put someone to sleep......ha     joe g