To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 2:50 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci Reloaded

Fact 1: A third party has indicated that he was present during a conversation between Jason and I regarding non-professional status and the MARS contest.

Fact 2: I have absolutely no recollection of this conversation.

Conclusion: I am dealing with DENIAL - my own.

In this regard, I am experiencing a total breakdown between heart and head - a clogged artery of emotion. Upon realization of this fact last night, I shut down in order to process - no internet viewing, no phone, no contact w/anyone until working through this human dilemma.

Result - a discovery of anger within - not directed towards anyone but myself. Not even harmonica related, but reaching further back in my life. Anger, an emotion I've had trouble understanding, therefore disconnecting from. However, you can't totally disconnect. It pushes through in other non-productive ways.

I can't explain the why, but I sure am gaining a foothold in understanding. Since I am a quick study once I sink my teeth into a concept, it is a valuable wake up experience for me. Unfortunately, the recipient of my folly was one of the most visible proponents of furthering the harmonica in performance and public awareness and also a true human being - Jason Ricci.

Jason's reputation will not be altered one bit by my mistake. Mine will suffer. I accept the responsibility.

Jason, I apologize from the bottom of my heart for what I posted in regards to the contest. I was wrong.

I will call you this evening, as you requested a call back to explain myself, as is only fair.

Larry