[Harp-L] Pro or Not?

I teach math for a living.  That makes me a professional teacher.  I don't claim to be the best at what I do, but I'm pretty good.  There are professional teachers that do a lousy job.  However, they are still professionals.  There are professional teachers that do a far better job than I do.  They are professionals also.  What makes all paid teachers professionals?  The fact that they get paid to teach makes them professional teachers.  There are full time teachers and part time teachers, but both are professional teachers.  Some teachers act more professionally than others.  Some dress more professionally than others.    Some are licensed and certified, some are not.  However, they are still professional teachers.

  The same is true in the musical community.  A paid gig is a professional gig, be it 6 days a week, or 3 times a year.  BUT (and I used to have a big one) this says nothing about the skill level of the musician.  That is a separate issue entirely.

  Some people seem to think that the full time professional harp player has some sort of an advantage.  I don't believe that--such disbelief keeps my hope alive.  If I work as hard as (fill the blank), maybe I will become as good as (fill the blank).  Practicing my harp costs me almost nothing but time.  It's just a matter of finding it.

  Will

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time