[Harp-L] Where to purchase comb materials?/OLD Gifted Musician Thread

Hey Folks!

  I have a few comb ideas I want to experiment with.

  I am looking for raw bar stock to create the combs from.

  If any of you could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

  1.  HARD RUBBER (like sax/clarinet mouthpieces are carved from)
  2.  BRASS
  3.  MARBLE (Quite strange, I know . . . but I want to see what it feels like)
  4.  FOOD-GRADE BEES' WAX (Sealing the wood I've got)
  5.  FOOD-GRADE POURABLE EPOXY RESIN (or equivalent)

  Thanks in advance.

  BTW,

  Thanks again for the responses to the "Gifted Musician" thread a while back.  I was quoted out of context a few times--but this was actually a GOOD thing for me to read.  I have always graciously accepted compliments and suppressed my gut-level reactions.  Reading the responses to my statements out of context really caused me to wonder about my nonverbal reactions to my fans (few though they may be).  What might they be taking from me "out of context?"

  I read what I just wrote and it sounds like I'm back pedaling.  When I re-read my original post, I don't think I am.  Feel free to correct me on that.

  Anyhow, I think that whole thread has changed how I react at a fundamental level.

  The UPS guy dropped off a few mic clips from Sam Ash the other day.  My mother-in-law was sitting my 2 sons.  Out of the blue, the UPS guy told my mother-in-law that he thought I was quite a gifted player.  When I was told about this, I was flattered--honestly--a good feeling.  I'm not sure how I would have taken that before the aforementioned thread.

  In looking at the whole of my life, I guess I do have one true gift/curse--OBSTINANCE!

  Cheers,

  Will

TV dinner still cooling?